Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crispy Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1-1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions, using prepared pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cold.
- Spread chunky peanut butter over brownies. Place chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted; stir until smooth. Stir in Rice Krispies; spread over chunky peanut butter layer. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes or until set.
- Lifting with parchment, remove brownies from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 390 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 4, 2019
I made these using a gluten free brownie mix as my son can’t have gluten but it did matter as everyone in the family LOVED these bars. My son said they were the best dessert he has had since being gluten free. I will keeping these in our dessert rotation.
Jun 16, 2019
I used the peanut butter / chocolate / rice krispie topping combo on my regular chocolate cake recipe. Made my friend VERY happy! I will try the recipe above and will offer a review.
Jun 1, 2018
excellent!! great recipes to take camping!! thanks for sharing....
Feb 7, 2018
These are delicious! I made them for Super Bowl party and everyone loved them! They are rich, so I cut them into 1” squares. Several wanted the recipe and the few that were left went to the office. Yummy!
Sep 27, 2017
Decadent dessert! Very sweet, but love the chocolate and peanut butter together!
Nov 28, 2016
I am a chocolate lover, but these were too rich and too sweet for my taste.
Jul 3, 2016
I usually love anything with peanut butte in it but this was just way too rich. Almost sickening. If I made again may try adding the peanut butter to the brownie or I may just eliminate the pb layer
Jun 28, 2016
Tried it with regular (Jif) peanut butter, but mixed it with marshmallow cr?me before spreading it over the brownie layer. YUM..
May 13, 2016
made these for my church yard sale and they sold out and had people asking for the recipe.These are very good and rich, so I cut mine into smaller bars. I will be making these a lot.
Apr 5, 2016
The peanut butter completely overpowers the chocolate. Just not anything I would make again. I also did not use the parchment paper and had no problem removing the bars from the pan.