Recipe provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
Total Time1 hr 45 min
- 1/2 cup Mexican caramel sauce (cajeta)
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed, softened
- 7 eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S® or KNUDSEN® Sour Cream
- 1 cup COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- POUR caramel sauce into 12-cup fluted tube pan sprayed with cooking spray. Blend evaporated milk, cream cheese, 4 eggs, vanilla and sugar in blender until smooth.
- BEAT cake mix, water, oil and remaining eggs with mixer until blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Pour over caramel in tube pan; gently ladle flan mixture over cake batter. Cover pan with foil sprayed with cooking spray, sprayed-side down. Place in larger pan. Add enough water to larger pan to come halfway up side of tube pan.
- BAKE 1-1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate 2 hours. Loosen dessert from side of pan; invert onto plate. Remove pan. Serve dessert topped with COOL WHIP.
HOW TO UNMOLD CHOCOFLAN: Place serving plate over cake pan. Invert dessert onto plate. Gently remove pan; spoon any remaining caramel left in pan.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Originally published as ChocoFlan in Provided by Philadelphia Cream Cheese 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.