Chive Scalloped Potatoes
“I’d been wanting scalloped potatoes for some time, but wasn’t able to find a downsized recipe until I came across this yummy version with a hint of chives,” notes Kathleen Bailey of Penetanguishene, Ontario.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and mustard until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in chives.
- In a 3-cup baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer half of the potatoes, 1/3 cup white sauce, remaining potatoes and remaining sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 197 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Scalloped Potato for One in Light & Tasty April/May 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.