Chive Red Potatoes
These simply dressed potatoes from our Test Kitchen pair well with any meaty entree. The color is so pretty on an Easter dinner table.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Peel a narrow strip around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the butter, chives, salt and garlic powder in a small bowl. Drain potatoes; drizzle with butter mixture and toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 199 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Red Potatoes 'n' Chives in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005