Chive-Mushroom Spinach Salad
I'm always looking for ways to spice up salads. This one is a cross between two of our favorites. I usually make a double batch of the dressing and use leftovers for dipping bread. -Amber Kimmich of Powhatan, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place spinach in a large salad bowl; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil for 2-4 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the chives, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar. Pour into the skillet.
- Cook and stir 1 minute longer or until mushrooms are tender. Add to spinach with croutons and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 117 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Chive-Mushroom Spinach Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.