- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- PITA CHIPS:
- 8 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Cut each pita bread into six wedges; arrange in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, combine the oregano, oil, salt and pepper; brush on pita wedges. Bake pitas at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp, turning once. Serve chips and vegetables with dip. Yield: 2 cups (48 chips).
Reviews forChive Mascarpone Dip with Herbed Pita Chips
"This dip is amazing! I've already made it a half a dozen times. Love the homemade pita chips also."
"This dip is delicious! i would make the day before for fuller flavor. We also used as a sandwich spread and it was outstanding! i used store bought pita chips but liked pretzels the best."