Chive & Lemon Biscuits
These tender, browned biscuits have a subtle lemon and chive flavor that delightfully complements Very Veggie Soup. —Jim Gales, Glendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream just until moistened. Stir in chives and lemon zest. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water; brush over biscuits. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 222 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.