Chive-Ham Brunch Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk ham, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in ham and tomato; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and water. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread ham mixture over the crust; sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, dill, salt and pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with chives.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 246 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Oct 8, 2013
This is my husbands favorite recipe. Whenever we have leftover ham, this is the first thing we make!
Aug 1, 2011
I doubled the amount of eggs and milk and add whatever veggies I might have on hand. I do not double the seasonings however. Also, I substitute a portion of a turkey ham chub. Very good and my family loves it!
May 16, 2011
Found this pretty bland and not substantial. Definitely needs more egg and seasonings.
May 23, 2009
Very yummy!! Family enjoyed it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.