- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk ham, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in ham and tomato; set aside. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and water; mix well. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread ham mixture over the crust; sprinkle with cheese. In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, dill, salt and pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle with chives. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChive-Ham Brunch Bake
"This is my husbands favorite recipe. Whenever we have leftover ham, this is the first thing we make!"
"I doubled the amount of eggs and milk and add whatever veggies I might have on hand. I do not double the seasonings however. Also, I substitute a portion of a turkey ham chub. Very good and my family loves it!"
"Found this pretty bland and not substantial. Definitely needs more egg and seasonings."
"Very yummy!! Family enjoyed it."