"Mother always made this refreshing salad when w had Sunday guests," relates Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington. "It has a light, pleasant dressing and looks lovely served in a pretty glass bowl."
Recommended: Favorite Summer Melon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers and sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir in remaining ingredients just before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chive Cucumber Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p42