- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in cheese and chives. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into strips; serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forChive-Cheese Cornbread
"VERY good recipe!! I made this to go with Hoppin' John and the cheese and chives were the perfect pairing with the ham and black-eyed peas! It was a bit dry, so next time I make it I may add a can of creamed corn...... maybe a bit more cheese ..... maybe a tablespoon or two of Parmesan would work. All in all ....... this is a delicious cornbread///"
"This was good. Not sure I liked the addition of chives. The addition of the cheddar cheese was delicious All in all good."
"Loved this cheesy cornbread! The chive addition with the sugar gave it a savory with a little sweet taste. It was great with chili!"