Chive Buttered Carrots
- 2-1/2 pounds carrots, diagonally sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, seasoned salt and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives.
3/4 cup: 134 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
May 13, 2018
Cooked carrots are not my favorite...until now. Such a simple recipe but so delicious. The seasonings are just right and I'm thrilled to have another way to use the fresh chives I have in my garden.
Dec 2, 2015
This has become one of my new favorite side dishes. It is so easy to make and really brightens up the plate. I cannot stand carrot recipes that call for brown sugar, or any other sweet ingredients added to them - carrots are sweet enough in my opinion. The butter with the seasoned salt and pepper is PERFECT. I didn't have chives on hand, so I added some parsley, but I would love to try these with chives as well.
Aug 24, 2011
My family normally does not like cooked carrots, but I decided to try this as I had no other fresh vegetables in the house. It was an immediate success! Even the carrot hater loved them. I have made this recipe again and changed the chives to savory and again to rosemary, the family liked all the different herb changes. I also reduced the water by half. Great recipe!
Aug 12, 2011
I placed the wet carrot slices in a covered glass dish and microwaved them at full power for 10 minutes and saved vitamins and time. I didn't use the full amount of butter and they still turned out great. I liked the seasonings on the carrots and they make them taste better than just the standard butter, salt, and pepper.