Chive Buttered Carrots Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds carrots, diagonally sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, seasoned salt and pepper; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 134 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chive Buttered Carrots
"This has become one of my new favorite side dishes. It is so easy to make and really brightens up the plate. I cannot stand carrot recipes that call for brown sugar, or any other sweet ingredients added to them - carrots are sweet enough in my opinion. The butter with the seasoned salt and pepper is PERFECT. I didn't have chives on hand, so I added some parsley, but I would love to try these with chives as well."
"My family normally does not like cooked carrots, but I decided to try this as I had no other fresh vegetables in the house. It was an immediate success! Even the carrot hater loved them. I have made this recipe again and changed the chives to savory and again to rosemary, the family liked all the different herb changes. I also reduced the water by half. Great recipe!"
"I placed the wet carrot slices in a covered glass dish and microwaved them at full power for 10 minutes and saved vitamins and time. I didn't use the full amount of butter and they still turned out great. I liked the seasonings on the carrots and they make them taste better than just the standard butter, salt, and pepper."