Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and chives just until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 133 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 2, 2014
My husband and I really enjoyed these delicious biscuits! I substituted real butter instead of shortening and sour milk for the buttermilk..
Apr 15, 2012
I used butter instead of shortening and sour milk instead of buttermilk. Very light and fluffy.
Feb 1, 2011
Nice, easy biscuits that came out fluffy and moist with a delicate chive flavor. Really yummy! I didn't do the butter flavored Crisco, but used regular, and they were very nice still!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.