Chive Biscuit Ornaments
Ring in the holiday season with these tender bell-shaped bites. They used cookie cutters and whole chive "hangers" to form the warm and appetizing ornaments, which get a slight kick from red pepper flakes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 whole chives
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, minced chives and pepper flakes. Stir in cream just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. bell-shaped cookie cutter. Using a 1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut a hole near top of each biscuit.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 450° until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Thread one whole chive through each biscuit hole; tie a knot. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 218 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chive Biscuit Ornaments in Quick Cooking November/December 2004