- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Yellow food coloring
- 12 prepared chocolate cupcakes or cupcakes of choice
- Brown milk chocolate M&M's
- Orange gum drops
- Reserve 1/4 cup frosting for eyes; tint remaining frosting yellow. Place yellow frosting in a pastry bag fitted with #17 open star tip; pipe stars covering top of cupcakes. Pipe circular mounds for head; pipe wings on each side.
- Using plain frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a #2 round tip, pipe dots for eyes; top with M&M's. Pipe small lines on M&M's to resemble reflections. Flatten gum drops and cut into small triangles; attach to heads for beaks.