Chirpy Chick Cupcakes
These adorable cupcakes are so much fun to make and share. They're perfect for an Easter dinner or a kid's farm-themed birthday party. —Sara Martin, Brookfield, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 40 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Yellow food coloring
- 12 prepared chocolate cupcakes or cupcakes of choice
- Brown milk chocolate M&M's
- Orange gum drops
- Reserve 1/4 cup frosting for eyes; tint remaining frosting yellow. Place yellow frosting in a pastry bag fitted with #17 open star tip; pipe stars covering top of cupcakes. Pipe circular mounds for head; pipe wings on each side.
- Using plain frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a #2 round tip, pipe dots for eyes; top with M&M's. Pipe small lines on M&M's to resemble reflections. Flatten gum drops and cut into small triangles; attach to heads for beaks.
Originally published as Chick cupcakes in Cupcakes for Every Season 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.