- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11 ounces) peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forChippy Peanut Butter Cookies
"What a great cookie. Loved the fact that they turned out nice and thin. The dough is a great started for so many add ins or subbing other ingredients. My first thought was Toffee Bits. cookie is crisp and the outer edges get nice and crispy . slightly chewy on the inside. Made just 1/2 of the recipe and baked them on parchment paper. I added a Tablespoon of Chunky peanut butter just to bump up the peanut taste. I give this cookie and A.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"I made this tonight for work tomorrow and tried one and yum!!!"
"Whoa are these good!! This recipe is a keeper! I don't make huge cookies but I did get 100 out of the single recipe. I didn't have peanut butter chips on hand so I used half milk chocolate chips and half semi sweet chips. Other than that, I made the recipe like stated. Ian thank you for sharing your recipe! I think the next I make these I will add some chopped pecans as well!"
"Not too sweet, but good peanut butter flavor. Didn't have PB chips so I just used milk chocolate & semi sweet chips. I think next time I will try with chunky PB and PB chips."
"Made these easy cookies with my eight year old grandson. He says they are the best peanut butter cookies he has ever ate!"
"These are excellent! My family loves these cookies and I will definitely be making them again. I like the slightly crisp outside paired with the chewy inside. Adding the peanut butter chips adds a little extra something. It does make quite a few cookies, so if you are fixing them for a crowd it would be perfect. I think we will try using these for s'mores tonight!"
"Yummy! I halved the recipe and got 37 using a tablespoon sized cookie scoop. Will definitely make again!"
"These are awesome! They have become a new family favorite!"