- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 packages (2-1/2 ounces each) thinly sliced dried beef
- 4 slices bread, toasted and halved
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on high for 35 seconds or until melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened, stirring every minute. Stir in beef; cook on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve on toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChipped Beef on Toast
"I didn't even notice this was a microwave recipe, so I made it on the stove. I too usually find this to be too salty, so I just soaked the beef in water for a minute and squeezed excess water out before chopping and putting in gravy. Came out perfect :)"
"I haven't made this for years and today my hubby suggested it. He had always liked this. I add a little worcestershire sauce for flavor. Great on a cold day."
"I remember when my grandma made this for me as a kid and I loved it!! I have been searching for this recipe for awhile and was so excited to find it on here!! It is just like a blast from the past!CBarnes"
"I like to add chopped onions and parsley. It is good over biscuits or toast."
"I love this recipe--I tried it the first time it was published--that issue of quick Cooking is permantly bend open to this page.It's super easy and fast. I remember when Mom made this for us kids, I was the one to always stir the white sauce. As a kid it always seemed to take forever to thicken. This is fast and none of the extended stirring."
"My mom used to make big batches of this except she'd replace the chipped beef with diced hard-boiled eggs and then add a spoonful of miracle whip. As a kid we loved it when Mom made creamed eggs on toast for supper."