- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 half-pint jar Pomegranate Jelly or 1 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 10 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with steak seasoning. Add water. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly and peppers. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove meat from slow cooker; discard cooking liquid. Shred pork with two forks. Return to the slow cooker; top with jelly mixture. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Spoon about 2/3 cup meat onto each roll. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forChipotle Pomegranate Pulled Pork
"This is a very good pulled pork recipe. I would increase the amount of chipotles and jelly. Serve with a good sauce and a beer on the side, this is a good one!"
"We have made this recipe several times. We use the leftovers in quesadillas, sandwiches, frittatas and on pizza. We have substituted raspberry jam/preserves instead of pomegranate because that is what we had on hand. We love this recipe! Careful on how many peppers you use because it really will jack up the heat."
"We absolutely LOVE ! So easy to make on a budget. The sauce would be great on other meats as well."
"I loved this! I used red currant jelly, but would love to try it with the homemade pomegranate jelly. It does have a nice kick to it. It seemed a little dry when I ate some by itself, but on the bun with a little mayo was perfect! I might have over-cooked it a bit causing it to be a little dry. I used a bone-in roast and it was well over 200 degrees after 8 hours. Meat just fell right off the bone in the slow-cooker."