Chipotle Peach Pie
This daring recipe takes peach pie to a new level. You might be surprised at the combination of ingredients, but don't judge it until you taste it. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup/juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, drain peaches, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, stir cornstarch and peach juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in peaches and chipotle peppers. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk the topping ingredients. Serve with pie. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece with about 2 teaspoons topping: 210 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chipotle Peach Cream Pie in Fresh Home Fall 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.