Chipotle Peach Pie
This daring recipe takes peach pie to a new level. You might be surprised at the combination of ingredients, but don't judge it until you taste it. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup/juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, drain peaches, reserving juice. In a small saucepan, stir cornstarch and peach juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in peaches and chipotle peppers. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly (cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk the topping ingredients. Serve with pie. Refrigerate leftovers.