Chipotle-Orange Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 3/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Set aside 1/3 cup for serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting frequently with orange mixture. Let chops stand for 5 minutes before serving with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1 tablespoon sauce: 289 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 10, 2012
For such a short list of ingredients, the flavor was excellent...sweet, tangy, and just enough heat. Definitely a keeper!
Sep 13, 2011
I love the combo of the orange and chipotle! I broiled them in the oven but I want to try them on the grill next!