Chipotle Manicotti Bake
I found this recipe while searching for a vegetarian dish that I could use as a main course. This rich manicotti has the added spiciness that I love in Mexican cuisine. —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups chipotle salsa
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook manicotti according to package directions for al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, green onions, eggs and cilantro. Spoon into manicotti. Spread 1/2 cup salsa into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining salsa over top. Bake, uncovered , 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 stuffed manicotti: 597 calories, 34g fat (19g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 899mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Chipotle Manicotti Bake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016