I found this recipe while searching for a vegetarian dish that I could use as a main course. This rich manicotti has the added spiciness that I love in Mexican cuisine. —Julie Peterson, Crofton, Maryland
Recommended: 38 Make-Ahead Meals for Your Busy Family
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups chipotle salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook manicotti according to package directions for al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, green onions, eggs and cilantro. Spoon into manicotti. Spread 1/2 cup salsa into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining salsa over top. Bake, uncovered , 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chipotle Manicotti Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p24