Chipotle-Lime Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Grill: 20 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Place garlic on a cutting board; sprinkle with salt. Using the flat side of a knife, mash garlic. Continue to mash until it reaches a paste consistency; transfer to a small bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice, pepper, adobo sauce and chili powder. Gently loosen skin from chicken thighs; rub garlic mixture under skin. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°, turning once. Remove and discard skin before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh: 209 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 22, 2017
Delicious! Only change I made was I used boneless skinless thighs. Will absolutley make again!
May 13, 2016
Quite good! I must admit that I changed it up a bit.1. I used boneless skinless thighs2. To add "fat" back in, I wrapped in bacon.3. I used sme of the marinade to brush over the chicken as it grilled.
Sep 24, 2013
Jun 10, 2013
I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, wrapping in foil for marinating and grilling. Also works well under the broiler. Delicious! Very flavorful, not overwhelmingly spicy.
May 31, 2012
very very good.I baked them.