Chipotle Corn and Cranberry Fritters
This is a unique appetizer that will get rave reviews at your next party. The perfect mix of sweet and savory flavors is simply irresistible! —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated peeled jicama
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. In another small bowl, whisk eggs and chipotle pepper until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in dried cranberries, corn, jicama, cheese, pine nuts and green onion.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with cilantro and, if desired, drizzle with maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 fritter: 272 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Chipotle Corn and Cranberry Fritters in Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.