- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 2 tablespoons sauce
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice, flour tortillas, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown beef in batches. Transfer meat to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in tomato sauce, water, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, chili powder, cumin, bouillon, pepper and salt.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, serve with rice, flour tortillas, chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChipotle Carne Guisada
"Excellent flavor, the chipotle in adobo sauce adds a nice smokey spice to this dish. It is not overly hot, I may try adding a little cayenne next time or a dash of hot sauce right before serving this next time. Will definitely make again"