Chipotle Brownie Snowflakes
Inspired by delicate snowflakes dancing in the air, I created these deliciously snowflake brownies with a smoky bite. I make these quite often, especially when we are expecting company. Everyone loves the flavor, and I usually make more than one batch since they go quickly.—Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, chipotle pepper, cinnamon, ginger and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Using foil, lift brownies out of pan. Cut with a 3-in. snowflake-shaped cookie cutter. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 407 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.