Chipotle BBQ Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip Light
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey and peppers. Set aside 1/4 cup until serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), basting occasionally with remaining barbecue sauce. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine the coleslaw mix, sour cream, Miracle Whip Light and mustard. Brush cut sides of buns with reserved barbecue sauce. Cut pork into 1/4-in. slices; place on bun bottoms. Top with coleslaw and bun tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 337 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 28, 2013
My husband and I really liked this recipe. It has a slight kick to it, and the coleslaw is a great compliment to the spice.
May 20, 2012
I should add I use Marie's prepared coleslaw dressing, instead of preparing as directed. I don't care for miracle whip, and don't have it on hand, so I can't comment on the coleslaw in this recipe.
May 20, 2012
This is so good, I threw out my tried and true high-fat pulled pork recipe. It's crave worth without all the guilt. Love it!
Mar 19, 2011
A favorite! I ended up throwing out my pulled pork recipe, since the flavor is similar and this is much healthier! We eat this often.
Aug 7, 2010
Mar 30, 2010
This turned out sooo moist...cut it much thinner though. Remove the seeds in the peppers. I suggest doubling, it's THAT good!!!
Jan 2, 2010
Fantasticly delicious and easy! The only thing I would do next time is make double the recipe for left overs. My family couldn't get enough!
Oct 19, 2009
Outstanding! I really enjoy chipotle peppers and this sandwich with the heat of the chipotles & the crunchy cool of the coleslaw mix was a real winner. Excellent. I will absolutely be enjoying this again! Thanks!!