Chipotle Avocado Dip
Thanks to the avocado base, this dip provides a bonus of healthy fats and fiber. Try spooning it on tacos, too. —Barbara Oliphant, Valley Center, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped banana pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled hot cherry peppers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, mash avocados. Stir in the mayonnaise, onion, peppers and seasonings. Chill until serving. Serve with vegetables.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without vegetables): 72 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Avocado Pepper Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.