Chinese Turkey Pasta Salad
"This colorful palate-pleasing salad is ideal for weddings, luncheons and birthday parties," pens Nancy Bergeland from Madison, Minnesota.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup salted cashews halves, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the turkey and vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce, sugar, ginger and hot pepper sauce. Stir in 1/2 cup cashews. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with remaining cashews.