Chinese-Style Pork Tenderloin
Our Test Kitchen home economists share this recipe for a main course with authentic Asian flair.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 teaspoon red liquid food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Brush pork with food coloring and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, sherry or broth, honey, soy sauce and ginger. Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Thicken if desired. Thinly slice pork; serve with pineapple sauce.
Nutrition Facts1/4 pound: 175 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Chinese-Style Pork Tenderloin in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004