Chinese Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine
- 2 cups brewed tea
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Season both sides of pork chops with seasoning blend and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat in margarine on each side over medium-high heat. Add the tea, celery, onion and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Remove meat to serving dish. Strain cooking liquid, reserving vegetables. Place vegetables in a serving dish with meat. Combine cornstarch and water in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 218 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chinese Pork Chops
"These chops are always very tender and the tea-based gravy gives them a wonderful flavor. I usually serve it with the Snow Pea Medley and some rice."