- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat stick margarine
- 2 cups brewed tea
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Season both sides of pork chops with seasoning blend and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat in margarine on each side over medium-high heat. Add the tea, celery, onion and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat to serving dish. Strain cooking liquid, reserving vegetables. Place vegetables in a serving dish with meat. Combine cornstarch and water in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChinese Pork Chops
"These chops are always very tender and the tea-based gravy gives them a wonderful flavor. I usually serve it with the Snow Pea Medley and some rice."