- 1 pound boneless pork butt roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, saute pork in oil. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to the juice to measure 1-1/4 cups; stir into pork. Add vinegar, sugar, salt and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the green pepper, tomato, Worcestershire sauce and reserved pineapple; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChinese New Year Skillet
"This was good served with the Egg Drop soup from the same issue and egg rolls."
"Tasty and different! Can use cubed up pork chops too!"
"We made a bunch of oriental recipes at one time and this was the best!"