Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
“Here’s a main dish that’s a refreshing change of pace for dinner,” writes Linda LaPresle from Glendora, California. “Chock-full of veggies, it’s a treat for the two of us,” she says, “and so easy to multiply for drop-in guests.” TIP: Use any remaining water chestnuts or bean sprouts in a stir-fry, salad or Asian-flavored wrap sandwich later.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 3/4 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 3/4 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a serving bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, sherry or apple juice, oil and ginger. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 248 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1030mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Chinese Chicken Salad in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006
May 1, 2015
I loved all the veggies in this salad! However, I wasnt a big fan of the dressing.
Jun 19, 2011
This is the best Chinese Chicken Salad!! I have tried it at many up scale restaurants, and this is tops.