Chinese Chicken Salad with Peanut Sesame Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 8 ounces wonton skins, sliced into strips and deep-fried or 2 cups chow mein noodles
- Combine dressing ingredients and set aside. Slice chicken into long thin strips. Just before serving, toss together chicken, onions, lettuce and dressing. Top with fried wontons or chow mein noodles and gently toss again. Recipe may be doubled.
Feb 16, 2016
Very tasty salad. It makes a great main dish on a hot day. I added some grated carrot and also some chopped cilantro. Definitely will make it again.
Aug 14, 2011
i love the dressing, chow mein noodles just not right for us
May 29, 2010
I have made this salad 8 or 9 times now. It has become my wifes favorite. It is so good and easy and the dressing smells so good. We make it without the chicken as a side to many dinners too. Just a great recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.