- 1/2 package wonton skins, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Deep-fry wonton skins in oil until brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels; set aside. In a large salad bowl, combine chicken, lettuce, green onions and sesame seeds; mix gently. In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Just before serving, add fried wonton skins to salad; pour dressing over and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forChinese Chicken Salad
"I have made this many times, and it is a favorite. Did not use MSG and used chinese noodles instead of wonton. It turned out great."
"would be good with a poppy seed dressing"