Chinese Barbecued Pork Parfaits Recipe
Layered in small glasses, these Asian-style parfaits are sure to wow guests. The tender pork, rice and flavorful sauce may tempt you to try larger portions as an entree!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup black bean sauce
- 9 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 to 4 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup sauce for thickening; set aside remaining sauce for basting.
- 2. Cut the roast in quarters and place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; pour 1 in. of water into bottom of pan. Spoon half of the remaining sauce mixture over roast. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, basting occasionally with remaining sauce.
- 3. Increase heat to 400° bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer, basting occasionally. Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred pork with two forks.
- 4. Place reserved sauce mixture in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; stir in shredded pork.
- 5. In each of twenty-four 3-oz. glasses or mini dessert bowls, layer rice and shredded pork; sprinkle with cashews and green onions. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 parfait: 147 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Chinese Barbecued Pork Parfaits
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC