Chilled Turkey Pasta Salad
This is a tasty and different way to use any leftover turkey. Kids love it when you use multicolored pasta.
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 6 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice; set pineapple aside. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, honey mustard, oil, garlic salt and reserved pineapple juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, turkey, broccoli, celery, onion, pepper and pineapple. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 293 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Turkey Salad Special in Reminisce December/January 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.