Chilled Tomato Salad
I use homegrown veggies to make this special summer salad. It's popular at picnics.—Cathleen Bushman, Geneva, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, sliced into rings
- 2 medium green peppers, sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 106 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Chilled Tomato Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.