- 4-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Fresh mint leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine 4 cups blueberries, apple juice, orange juice, honey, ginger, orange zest, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process blueberry mixture and yogurt in batches until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, garnish with mint and remaining blueberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChilled Summer Berry Bisque
"this recipe is much better without the ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. The spices completely overpowered the dish and made it taste like something at Thanksgiving. I will make again but will omit the spices"
"Probably will make this again. I have 3 other fruit soup recipes I want to try. It was overly orangey for me. Also, I used Ceylon cinnamon."