Chilled Spiced Strawberry Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups (16 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- Additional strawberry halves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, 3/4 cup water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves; bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place strawberries and remaining water in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl. Add apple juice mixture, yogurt and food coloring if desired. Chill. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 25, 2018
I loved this recipe, I served it at a tea party i have for my sister, it was a hit, every time I have a get together with my sister's they want me to make this.
Apr 3, 2011
Turned out great - the only change I made is I substituted 1/2 cup of Splenda for the sugar to lower the calories a bit. And I fan sliced a few strawberries and put them in the finished soup.PS - Saw no need for food coloring.
Feb 28, 2011
Fun to have something so different and pretty with a meal. I served this with Chicken Salad Sandwiches. Everyone liked it, and had seconds. The only thing I changed in the recipe was not adding any ground cloves or food coloring. Next time I make this, I plan to follow Mrs H's suggestion and use 1/2 the amount of sugar.
Apr 29, 2009
I liked this, but I would personally prefer it with less sugar. Next time I make it, I'll probably use 1/2 the amount suggested.
Aug 19, 2008
Everyone I've served this to LOVES it! So do I! It's easy to make, lovely to look at, and delightful to taste. Thanks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.