Chilled Spiced Strawberry Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups (16 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- Additional strawberry halves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, 3/4 cup water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves; bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place strawberries and remaining water in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl. Add apple juice mixture, yogurt and food coloring if desired. Chill. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 195 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 25, 2018
I loved this recipe, I served it at a tea party i have for my sister, it was a hit, every time I have a get together with my sister's they want me to make this.
Apr 3, 2011
Turned out great - the only change I made is I substituted 1/2 cup of Splenda for the sugar to lower the calories a bit. And I fan sliced a few strawberries and put them in the finished soup.PS - Saw no need for food coloring.
Feb 28, 2011
Fun to have something so different and pretty with a meal. I served this with Chicken Salad Sandwiches. Everyone liked it, and had seconds. The only thing I changed in the recipe was not adding any ground cloves or food coloring. Next time I make this, I plan to follow Mrs H's suggestion and use 1/2 the amount of sugar.
Apr 29, 2009
I liked this, but I would personally prefer it with less sugar. Next time I make it, I'll probably use 1/2 the amount suggested.
Aug 19, 2008
Everyone I've served this to LOVES it! So do I! It's easy to make, lovely to look at, and delightful to taste. Thanks!