- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups (16 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- Additional strawberry halves, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, 3/4 cup water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves; bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place strawberries and remaining water in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl. Add apple juice mixture, yogurt and food coloring if desired. Chill. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChilled Spiced Strawberry Soup
"Turned out great - the only change I made is I substituted 1/2 cup of Splenda for the sugar to lower the calories a bit. And I fan sliced a few strawberries and put them in the finished soup.PS - Saw no need for food coloring."
"Fun to have something so different and pretty with a meal. I served this with chicken salad Sandwiches. Everyone liked it, and had seconds. The only thing I changed in the recipe was not adding any ground cloves or food coloring. Next time I make this, I plan to follow Mrs H's suggestion and use 1/2 the amount of sugar."
"I liked this, but I would personally prefer it with less sugar. Next time I make it, I'll probably use 1/2 the amount suggested."
"Everyone I've served this to LOVES it! So do I! It's easy to make, lovely to look at, and delightful to taste. Thanks!"
"a few years ago i gave a tea party i invited my sisters ask them to make thier hats, they came wearing hats which they wore to the party, some made thier hats out of towels and purse to match.we had a wonderful time. we had several after that.one will be here soon, when the weather is not so cold."