- 1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice and vermicelli mix
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 12 stuffed green olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated artichoke hearts, marinade drained and reserved
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, except substitute 1 teaspoon oil for butter called for. Cool. Add olives, green onions and green pepper; toss to mix. Cut the artichokes into quarters and add to rice mixture; set aside. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, curry powder and reserved marinade; blend well. Pour over rice mixture; toss to mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forChilled Rice Salad
"I made this using the Rice-a-Roni brand mix. Since the box called for 2 tablespoons of butter, I subbed 2 tablespoons of canola oil. One tsp. didn't seem enough. I used the 3/4 tsp. of sweet curry powder (Penzey's spice brand). I left out the mayo (because my husband hates it) and added some more of the artichoke marinade to make up for it. Finally, I gave it a good sprinkling of freshly ground pepper. My husband tasted it when it had barely been in the fridge . He's looking forward to dinner. I'm thinking some snipped fresh cilantro would go well with this. May add some shredded cooked chicken or grilled shrimp next time for a complete meal."
"i liked that it was simple to put together. I did omit the olives and used colored peppers in place of the green peppers."
"My family liked this tasty recipe a lot, especially the inclusion of artichoke hearts. I liked it because it's so easy to put together. I will remember to keep all the ingredients in my pantry so I can fix at short notice."