- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- Sliced oranges, kiwifruit and/or additional strawberries, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, bring strawberries, rhubarb and orange juice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sugar to taste. Cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, blend half the fruit mixture at a time until smooth. Chill.
- To serve, spoon into bowls; garnish with oranges, kiwi and/or strawberries if desired. Yield: about 1 quart.
Reviews forChilled Rhubarb Soup
"Very nice for spring. A dollop of plain yogurt made it extra tasty!"