Chilled Rhubarb Soup
Chilled fruit soup is one of my favorite things in the summer months. I can't wait to get this recipe out every year!—Laurel Anderson, Pinole, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1 quart
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- Sliced oranges, kiwifruit and/or additional strawberries, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, bring strawberries, rhubarb and orange juice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sugar to taste. Cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, blend half the fruit mixture at a time until smooth. Chill.
- To serve, spoon into bowls; garnish with oranges, kiwi and/or strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 172 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chilled Rhubarb Soup in Country Woman March/April 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.