Chilled fruit soup is one of my favorite things in the summer months. I can't wait to get this recipe out every year!—Laurel Anderson, Pinole, California
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Raspberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- Sliced oranges, kiwifruit and/or additional strawberries, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, bring strawberries, rhubarb and orange juice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sugar to taste. Cool slightly.
- In a blender or food processor, blend half the fruit mixture at a time until smooth. Chill.
- To serve, spoon into bowls; garnish with oranges, kiwi and/or strawberries if desired. Yield: about 1 quart.
Originally published as Chilled Rhubarb Soup in Country Woman March/April 1993, p35
Reviews forChilled Rhubarb Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 18, 2015
"Very nice for spring. A dollop of plain yogurt made it extra tasty!"