VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup dry red wine or 1/2 cup grape juice plus 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 8 whole cloves
- In a saucepan, combine the wine or grape juice plus vinegar, sugar, red wine vinegar, cinnamon stick and cloves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Strain liquid; discard cinnamon stick and cloves. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Red Wine Fruit Dressing in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p52