This berry luscious cheesecake from Amber Cook of Low Point, Illinois makes a sweet finale to a romantic dinner. “Everyone who tries this cake requests the recipe,” Amber shares.
Recommended: 30 Recipes to Make with Fresh Raspberries
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 25 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar and cocoa; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Puree raspberries in a blender or food processor; strain and discard seeds. In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 40 seconds; stir. Let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in raspberry puree and gelatin mixture. Pour into crust. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chilled Raspberry Cheesecake in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p51
Reviews forChilled Raspberry Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2013
"made for a birthday gift...was a great success..will be making this often, light and so flavorful"