Chilled Potato Soup
It takes just minutes to blend together this unusual soup seasoned with basil," assures Sandi Pichon of Slidell, Louisiana. "It's creamy, rich and so refreshing on a hot summer day."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; cover and chill until serving.
To serve soup warm: Process milk, soup and herbs in a blender until smooth; transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Add sour cream and wine or broth; heat through (do not boil).
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 235 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 653mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Chilled Potato Soup in Quick Cooking July/August 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.